Saturday, February 25, 2017

Normal.

Well, through genetic testing and a lot of trips to a mental health clinic, I'm finally properly medicated. Turns out I've been going on for 26 years without the proper amount of dopamine being created in my brain. With the proper pills, I finally don't feel horribly depressed at all times. It's an odd experience. Here's some bullshit I wrote to process it.

Normal.

Normal,
It's something I never considered,
With the copious amount my soul has withered,
Normal,
26 years of depressed thought,
With all the wars inside I've fought,
Normal,
Something I never thought I'd be,
With all the difficulties of being me,
Normal,
No more wishing to die,
No more razors cutting my thigh,
Normal,
But still find life strange,
Never thought that I would change,
Normal,
It's an odd way to feel,
Hard to believe that this is real.

1 comment:

  1. :) glad things are looking brighter

    ReplyDelete